This policy contains important information about what to expect when Wantedlab Inc. (“the Company”) collects personal information about you and how the Company might collect, store, use, and/or share (“Process”) your information when you use our services (“Services”).
Questions or concerns? Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
- This policy applies to information we collect about visitors to our website, individuals / corporates who register for our service and job applicants / candidates.
- By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
- We collect information for a range of purposes through website services, actual use of our website, through applications made via mail and telephone.
The information we collect includes:
(a) personal information confirming the identity of persons using our website and the services we provide including the name, contact information, professional experience, country of residence and academic background of an individual;
(b) relevant company information including business registration, date of incorporation and other general information regarding the company whether provided by the relevant company or publicly available;
(c) information for advertising purposes and statistical analysis;
(d) salary expectations and trends;
(e) information relating to employment opportunities and event information.
(f) user’s recorded video footage uploaded to interview practice app, Interview Me
- Where paid services are used, we collect credit card information or other relevant payment information.
- Where we collect information provided when using mobile service, we may collect the model information of the device (but this is an unidentifiable form). In addition, we may collect information automatically generated including IP addresses, cookies, visit date, service use history, bad use history, advertisement ID, search keyword, Facebook-like and bookmark information.
- The Company gathers information to allow us to process your registration and provide recruitment and related services such as the management of your job application, maintenance and/or termination of membership, any referral programmes, and/or interview practice sessions. We do not use information beyond the scope agreed without your consent. The information may be used by us directly, our agents and/or sub-contractors for the purpose of communicating with you on any matter relating to your membership.
- The Company uses service operation and cloud servers to provide convenient services. For this purpose, we may transfer your personal information overseas as specified below.
Name of recipient
Amazon web server (South Korea), Wantedlab(South Korea)
Purpose of transfer
Utilization of cloud function and service operation for providing Wanted service
Time of transfer
When entering / modifying / deleting information for membership registration and/or service use
Item of transfer
Email, full name, mobile phone number, profile
10. Personal information is protected by a password, and the file and data are protected by a separate security function by encrypting or locking the file.
11. The Company has established relationships with various services providers that are utilized to ensure that personal information is managed safely and in accordance with all laws and regulations.
Consignment service contents
SMS sending agency
Automated mail forwarding agency
Newsletters forwarding agency
Escrow and credit card / mobile phone payment
12. The Company has affiliations with other entities, with which it shares information. These include Spotlight, WantedOne ID, Wanted Japan, Wanted Korea, Wanted Taiwan and Wanted Singapore. Further, if the Company is sold, merged or acquired by another entity, we will notify you in advance to provide you with the opportunity of withdrawing consent to the use of your personal information.
13. Article 9 does not apply where there is a request by an investigating agency for your information in accordance with relevant South Korea laws.
14. We will retain and use your personal information only for the period of providing the agreed service. If you withdraw your membership or withdraw your consent to the collection and use of your personal information, we will destroy your personal information within a reasonable time.
15. Article 12 is subject to the requirement for us to keep information to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. Further, the following information shall be kept for the period specified:
(a) records of contracts or withdrawal of subscriptions – 5 years;
(b) records of payment and supply of goods – 5 years;
(c) record of consumer complaints or disputes – 3 years;
(d) records relating to actual or suspected fraudulent use – 5 years;
(e) website visit records (login record, access record) – 1 year.
16. To protect your personal information, where you do not use the website for a period of one year, the email (or the account information set by the user through interworking with external services such as Facebook) shall be discontinued. In these circumstances, the Company shall notify you by e-mail or SMS in advance, usually 30 days prior to the scheduled date of the account becoming inactive.
17. The personal information of the user is destroyed within a reasonable time after the expiration of membership by transferring the information to a separate database after the expiration of your membership and stored for a period of time according to the internal policies of the Company and all relevant South Korean laws and regulations. Personal information transferred to a separate database will not be used unless required under South Korean laws and regulations. Where personal information is printed on paper, it is crushed by a crusher or destroyed by incineration. Personal information stored in the form of electronic files is deleted using a technical method that does not reproduce the record.
18. All personal information and data is kept at the Wanted Headquarters’ secured data center. We restrict the access of personal information data by dividing the usage rights. We do not store data offline.
19. The staff who manage personal information and data comprise qualified personnel who are trained in the internal audit procedures of the Company and who receive regular training in respect of new security technologies.
20. The Company undertakes to use all reasonable efforts to protect the personal information of users in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. We are not responsible for any problems caused by leakage of personal information through email (or account information set by the user through interworking with external services such as Facebook) and passwords due to the user's carelessness or ordinary risks arising from Internet usage.
22. We do not allow children under the age of 16 to register for any of our services.
23. You can view most of the content on our website except for personal information and resume information. Users may view, disclose, modify, or delete information about themselves at any time. If you want to cancel your membership, please contact us. If you request a correction of errors in your personal information, we will not use or provide the personal information until we have completed the correction. Where erroneous personal information has already been provided to a third party, we will notify the third party within a reasonable time.
24. The Company designates the following person to protect your personal information and to deal with complaints.
Privacy Officer Name: SeungEon Yoo
Affiliation: Privacy Team
Position: Director of Privacy